Tools for Advanced Process Control
For Advanced Process Control applications, you need powerful tools to do the job right. ExperTune's PID Loop Optimizer includes the following tools:
- Coordinated Tuning of Multiple Loops
- Model & Tune Feedforward Controls
- Develop MPC Model Vectors
- Frequency Domain Models
- Full Integration with PlantTriage
PID Loop Optimizer goes far beyond the basics of PID Tuning. It helps you to address all aspects of PID loop performance. Make sure that you have the tools to do your job properly.
Coordinated Tuning of Multiple Loops
Add as many extra variables as you want on the faceplate. Lets you monitor other variables on the same faceplate trend to see how other process variables affect the loop. These can be configured for modeling and tuning of interactions or other loops. Defining extra loops helps you work with these systems:
- Monitor, tune and analyze multiple loops from one tag
- Add as many extra trends as you want. Lets you monitor other variables on the same faceplate trend to see how other process variables effect the loop.
- Create extra loops from the extra trends for extra modeling, analysis, simulation and tuning
- Multi-variable: Model and decouple multi-variable systems 2x2, 3x3, 2x3, etc.
- Feedforward: Model load processes for feedforward compensation
- Cascade loops and RRT analysis (see next section)
- Interacting loops and RRT analysis (see next section)
Only in ExperTune, this is a new cutting edge tool for decoupling interacting loops. The Relative Response Time (RRT) makes it easy to set interacting and cascade loops to work together. The RRT in each interacting or cascade should be a factor of 3 away from the others. Change RRT by adjusting the safety factor or lambda time. The Relative Response Time is the period at the peak amplitude ratio in the closed loop frequency response (to load upsets).
- Cascade: Use ExperTune PID Analyzer to model and tune cascade systems simultaneously with one test. The master (outer) loop should have a Relative Response Time that is 3 times slower (larger) than the slave (inner) loop.
- Interacting Loops: Use cross-correlation to see how one loop effects another. To prevent interaction, adjust the safety factor or lambda value (set point speed) in the interacting loops so that the Relative Response Time is different by a factor of 3.
Feedforward Compensator Design and Modeling
ExperTune allows you to build a robust feedforward system. First use ExperTune's Advanced PID Loop Optimizer to model both the feedback and load or feedforward system. Then use Loop Simulator to design the compensator and simulate time responses with and without the compensator in place.
See white paper on how to build a feedforward compensator.
Develop MPC Model Vectors
You can use ExperTune to support the development of MPC models. Each loop's model exists as a Laplace, frequency domain, and MPC model vector. Model vectors can be exported in standard csv format, to be used imported directly into your MPC controller.
Frequency Domain Models
Get more detailed analysis with frequency-domain models of the process. With a graphical frequency-domain model, you can determine the effect of load upsets, determine closed-loop natural frequency, and much more.
Full Integration with PlantTriage
ExperTune's PlantTriage provides 24 x 7 control loop monitoring, for every control loop in your plant. With PlantTriage, you can ensure that the benefits of your work are sustained. PlantTriage monitors:
All PID Loop Optimizer features are included with PlantTriage, and they are tightly integrated within PlantTriage.
Use PlantTriage to monitor and diagnose issues, then resolve them directly using all the power of PID Loop Optimizer.
See our PlantTriage web page for more information.
PID Loop Optimizer Does Much, Much More
Far beyond basic loop tuning, the PID Loop Optimizer Software does much more, including:
- Process Modeling & Advanced Tuning
- Valve & Instrument Diagnostics
- Reporting & Documentation Tools
- Eliminate Interactions Between Loops
- Tools for Special PID Applications
Request Pricing Information
For pricing information, please complete this request form.