Powerful, Flexible, Process Modeling & Tuning Tools
Process Modeling from Available Plant Data
ExperTune's PID Loop Optimizer identifies a process model using advanced frequency response methods. ExperTune software develops a high-fidelity model from a variety of data. Examples of data sets ExperTune software uses to identify process models:
- Open loop step
- Closed loop step (controller in automatic)
- Open loop pulse
- Closed loop pulse (controller in automatic)
- Pseudo random data
- Open loop doublet pulse
See a presentation on "Plant Data to Use For Modeling and PID Tuning."
PID Loop Optimizer automatically chooses the best model structure for your process. Either:
- Dead time with gain
- First order with dead time and gain
- Second order with dead time and gain
- Second order over-damped with dead time (Imaginary roots) and gain
- Integrator with dead time
- Double Integrator with dead time
- Integrator with first order and dead time
- Inverse response process or shrink-swell: Integrator with first order, lead time, and dead time
With PID Loop Optimizer, you can force a model structure, and the software will fit the best parameters to that model.
ExperTune has over 20 years of experience with modeling and tuning of PID control loops. Reliable, accurate models lead to good tuning results. Use PID Loop Optimizer's tools to get excellent results.
Optional Drag & Drop Modeling
Drag & Drop modeling let's you manually adjust process models. Make adjustements to your models to get optimal PID Tuning, accurate simulated response to upsets, more accurate response to process noise, and better robustness analysis.
Drag & Drop modeling puts you in control of the model fit. Using any bump test data, drag the model curve to match the actual response curve. Instantly, the software finds a dynamic process model that gives the visually designed response. Use this model to give optimal PID values, simulate responses to upsets and noise.
Use Drag & Drop Modeling to:
Video Presentation: How to Automatically Find a Model of Your Process
Many Model Types Supported
Drag & Drop Modeling supports modeling of First-Order, Second-Order, and even Integrating control loops.
Dial in the robustness you want
Get the best performance trade-off with ExperTune's unique Robustness Plot. The Robustness Plot shows how sensitive your loop is to the process changing. Drag the plot with the mouse to set the sensitivity you want. The required PID values and all the ExperTune analysis windows, including the Performance Summary, update—instantly! See the tutorial on Robustness Plots.
Choose the Tuning You Want
- Minimize Overshoot
- Respond Quickly
- Eliminate Errors
- Reduce Oscillation
- Video Tutorial on Robustness plots: Loop Stability—The Other Half of the PID Tuning Story
- Article that explains and uses robustness plots: "How to Control Processes with Large Dead Times", Control Engineering
Linearize Your Process For Optimal Performance At All Production Rates
Does your process oscillate near one end of the range and respond sluggishly at the other? ExperTune's characterizer, helps you linearize your process, so you get uniform performance across the entire range—run your production at its optimum rather than de-tuning for oscillations.
Use ExperTune's characterizer to linearize:
- flow loops
- jacket temperature in chemical reactors
- slave loops in cascades
- any loop where the setpoint changes
- valve characterization in MPC controllers
- hyperbolic linearizers in MPC controllers
- More details: How ExperTune's characterizer works
- Video: Linearize Your Process—Get Optimal Response at All Production Rates
- Read: Greg Shinskey's Advice for Characterizers
pH Control Needs Linearization, Too
Because of the inherently non-linear measurement, pH control loops need linearization, also.Find out more
PID Loop Optimizer Does Much, Much More
Far beyond basic loop tuning, the PID Loop Optimizer Software does much more, including:
Request Pricing Information
For pricing information, please complete this request form.